... but you MUST watch the dryer when felting your knitting on purpose!
Just a quick post since I've got tons on the go today, but I did mean to show this off yesterday and completely forgot! (Why yes, I was totally absorbed in my knitting, why do you ask?)
Some quick facts about this fun project:
- It's fast. I completed the whole thing in 9 days. But I'm a pokey knitter and have a 5-year-old. You could probably do it way faster than that, like in a weekend.
- Everything you need comes in kit (except the lock and key charm, which can be purchased separately).
- There's enough yarn in the kit to make two purses (if you felt inclined and also bought additional hardware).
- The instructions are very clear - I also really appreciated the inclusion of alternative felting instructions (using your dryer) for if you have a front-load washing machine.
- I have a really, REALLY hot dryer. I think I burnt the palms of my hands a couple of times checking to see if the little sucker had shrunk in size at all.
- There's a really terrific step-by-step tutorial (with photos!) on the designer's blog to walk you through the finishing.
- Felting could be addictive. I now have the pattern and hardware for another project by the same designer. Still debating colour choices on yarn.
I'm at home today waiting for a delivery so it's the perfect opportunity to get some work done, and some knitting!