1. My parents are visiting. They've taken themselves and Mr. H off to the Royal Air Force Museum so that I can catch up on a little bit of work.
2. It's hard for me to say Royal Air Force and not think of the Royal Canadian Air Farce.
3. I now feel like I should be more connected to the CBC as a Canadian abroad and yet somehow I still haven't managed to start listening to BBC's Radio 4. Apparently my anglo-assimilation is lacking.
5. I thought this might be a good opportunity to update my own neglected blog but decided to run to the post office first and then have a cup of tea while working on some bulky socks for my mom for Christmas.
6. Dad might have been jealous and has also requested a pair. His will be plain red and adorned with these. Of course.
7. I finished a toque out of gloriously bright green handspun on Sunday night. As it's also a gift and coupled with the bulky socks that were cast on yesterday, I'm now feeling rather smug about the state of my Christmas gift knitting.
8. This will no doubt bite me in the arse as I'm sure to be distracted by some other project/yarn/pattern/book/etc.
9. Case in point, I've been thinking about what travel knitting to take with me for my weekend in Paris with the hubby. Favourable odds right now on some luscious Viola from my stash and the French Cancan pattern in honour of the City of Lights. (Psst - and the pattern is on sale until October 31!)
10. Am also wondering randomly if the new hat my mom gave me today (she bought it earlier this fall on a trip in Lithuania - isn't it fab?!) is over the top for Paris and how I can work my wardrobe around it.
And incidentally, if anyone has any favourite recommendations of things to see, do, and eat in Paris, please send them along in the comments!