It's a new year, and time to tackle a few projects, wips, ufos, etc. My goal for the month of January is to try and finish the birth sampler that I started for Harry before his arrival. It's been languishing the last couple of days, but I seem to make good progress at the weekends when my hubby is here to help out with the baby, so here's hoping that trend continues! The pic above shows my progress on the two largest pages (of four - the last two pages are quite tiny stitching-wise). Before I started at the beginning of the month I had mostly done only the sun in the top left corner, and a tiny bit of the giraffe.
One of the chat boards that I belong to called A Crafty Natter has people posting their stitchy goals for 2008. I'd like to work through a bunch of UFOs and WIPs and concentrate on some things for me and my family. In no particular order (and I'm pretty sure this isn't the full list) are:
- Baby Born to Shop birth sampler for Harry
- Tatty Teddy RR and finish into a blankie for Harry (this is an ancient UFO, almost done - just need to do two squares)
- Margaret Sherry 12 Days of Christmas RR (almost done, I think it needs two squares stitched)
- Bethlehem table runner for my Mom (ancient UFO from my hoard)
- Early Shift for my Dad (I started this last spring)
- Victoria Sampler Heirloom Christmas (was originally a SAL on a chat board but I think everyone finished it already - gulp!)
- Victoria Sampler G is for Grandparents for my folks (started last year sometime)
- Jeannette Douglas' Sunshine State Sampler for my parent's house in Florida (I have a couple of bands done)
New things I plan on stitching are:
- L*K 2008 Double Flips Its (SAL on another board)
- RICO Christmas table cloth
There, now that they're all written down here, I can refer back to this post and evaluate my progress throughout the year!
Smoking needles, here I come...